4.21.2009

like father, like son

I am a punctual person. It's no secret. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I'd rather be two hours early than five minutes late. I know that sounds drastic and I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's the truth.

I know that most baby behavior diagnoses are largely anecdotal, but I do recall Ashley reading that babies often begin to smile in response to outside stimulus (i.e., their parents) at around 6 weeks.

Guess who crashed the party - right on time?My proudest moment will not be when George graduates from college, but when he's packed and ready to go to the airport 30 minutes before I even start to get anxious about our two hour buffer.

6 comments:

jr said...

David, that is so true! There was just nothing like you being crazy early for everything ...

its a shame, though, that the EQ never got the hint and left you enough time to teach a full lesson.

Mik'L said...

Yeah I totally agree on the time thing... and I hate how people use having kids as an excuse to be late.

David said...

well, i wasn't saying that despite having george we'll always be on time - i was just saying that i love being early.

also, i think having a bunch of kids is a pretty darn good excuse to be late. i mean - you can only do so much.

that being said, we were always early to church, all eight of us - so, i guess it can be done.

Unknown said...

I love this little smile! I can't wait to see it again.

Fee_dizzle said...

must run in the family i love being early

April Celeste Garff said...

He is too cute! I love it when they start smiling. Congrats on such a handsome son!!!